Are you thinking what is the best Wi-Fi router for your home or for online gaming for gaming performance? Here are a few of the best Wi-Fi routers and best wireless routers on the market today.
As remote work and home offices become more common in our careers, we can choose either permanent work-from-home options or hybrid models. What was once a rapid response to a global pandemic may now lead to permanent, long-term changes in how we work and what employers will offer us in the future.
According to a Salesforce survey on the future of work, 64% of employees prefer to work in a traditional workplace, and 74% of Generation Z is interested in hybrid work practices, splitting time between home and the office. A change in the foundation of our workday will create a tradeoff: some resource requirements will move from employer to employee.
Companies may require you to show you have the equipment at home to work if you want to benefit from the quality of service a potential hybrid job offers. Despite the need for a microphone for remote meetings and a place to work on your laptop, hybrid and fully remote roles also require connectivity.
Streaming services like Netflix, mobile devices, and smart home products might already be connected. A high-end network with minimal dead spots may also require work-related systems, Wi-Fi extenders, and software. To keep up with your home’s square footage, consider getting a new modem or router.
Connectivity drops and bottlenecks are more likely to occur as there are more connections. When you spend more time at home and connect more devices, the basic router supplied by your ISP may not be enough. Without a quality Wi-Fi router, your productivity and performance will suffer.
Some of you may only need a Wi-Fi rental dead zone. There is also mesh Wi-Fi, which while more expensive, can extend connectivity over a larger area and can generate a strong signal in one or two areas of your home to provide coverage to home offices located elsewhere in your home.
Top 10 Best Wi-Fi Router: Editor Recommended
Our selection of the best Wi-Fi router for gaming and home is provided in the table below. We’ve picked our top pick and the most budget-friendly.
|1||TP-Link AC1750 Smart WiFi Router (Archer A7) -Dual...||$79.99 $53.99||Buy On Amazon|
|2||TP-Link AC1200 WiFi Router (Archer A54) - Dual...||$34.99 $29.99||Buy On Amazon|
|3||NETGEAR Renewed C3700-100NAR C3700-NAR DOCSIS 3.0...||$79.99 $75.00||Buy On Amazon|
|4||NETGEAR Nighthawk Smart Wi-Fi Router, R6700 -...||$109.99 $68.00||Buy On Amazon|
|5||TP-Link AX1800 WiFi 6 Router (Archer AX21) –...||$99.99 $79.99||Buy On Amazon|
|6||TP-Link AC1200 Gigabit WiFi Router (Archer A6 V3)...||$49.99 $39.99||Buy On Amazon|
|7||NETGEAR Wireless Desktop Access Point (WAC104) -...||$69.99 $27.49||Buy On Amazon|
|8||TP-Link AX5400 WiFi 6 Router (Archer AX73)- Dual...||$199.99 $154.99||Buy On Amazon|
|9||Amazon eero mesh WiFi router||$69.00||Buy On Amazon|
|10||Linksys EA6350 Wi-Fi Wireless Dual-Band+ Router...||$69.99||Buy On Amazon|
The 10 Best Wi-Fi Router Reviews:
1. TP-Link AC1750 Smart WiFi Router (Archer A7)
Maximum wireless transmission rates are the physical rates derived from IEEE standard 802.11 Specifications. Range and coverage specifications along with the number of connected devices were defined according to test results under normal usage conditions.
Actual wireless transmission rate, wireless coverage, and number of connected devices are not guaranteed, and will vary as a result of
1) environmental factors, including building materials, physical objects and obstacles
2) network conditions, including local interference, volume and density of traffic, product location, network complexity, and network overhead and
3) client limitations, including rated performance, location, connection quality, and client condition
- JD Power Award —Highest in customer satisfaction for wireless routers 2017 and 2019
- Router for wireless internet, works with Alexa, compatible with all Wi-Fi devices, 802.11ac and older
- Dual band router upgrades to 1750 Mbps high speed internet(450mbps for 2.4GHz, 1300Mbps for 5GHz), reducing buffering and ideal for 4K streaming
- Gigabit Router with 4 Gigabit LAN ports, fast access to multiple connected wired devices, Ideal as a gaming router
- Integrated USB port acts as a media Server, easily share your USB drive content
- TP-Link tether app easily set up and remotely manage your home network
- Works with all internet service providers, such as AT&T, Verizon, Xfinity, Spectrum, RCN, Cox, CenturyLink, Frontier, etc.( a modem is required for most internet service providers)
2. Amazon eero mesh WiFi router
eero is the little router with a huge wireless footprint, delivering world-class, whole-home connectivity for everybody. A single eero device covers up to 1,500 sq. ft. — or can be added to any eero WiFi system to expand coverage.
- Fast standalone router – The eero mesh WiFi router brings up to 1,500 sq. ft. of fast, reliable WiFi to your home.
- Works with Alexa – With eero and an Alexa device (not included) you can easily manage WiFi access for devices and individuals in the home, taking focus away from screens and back to what’s important.
- Easily expand your system – With cross-compatible hardware, you can add eero products as your needs change.
- Works with your internet service provider – Eero connects to your modem to bring your existing internet connection to every corner of your home.
- Set up in minutes – The eero app walks you through setup in less than 10 minutes and allows you to manage your network from anywhere.
- Don’t let WiFi slow you down – Get the most from your WiFi by streaming, gaming, and working from anywhere in your home.
- Gets better over time – Automatic updates keep your network safe and secure.
- TrueMesh technology – Eero intelligently routes traffic to avoid congestion, buffering, and dropoffs.
3. NETGEAR 4-Stream WiFi 6 Dual-Band Gigabit Router (WAX204)
WAX204 delivers high-speed Wi-Fi 6 that is affordable and easy to install, without added infrastructure and deployment costs. It’s the most cost-effective Wi-Fi solution for small businesses, home offices, dorm rooms, cafes, retail, small offices, and more. Engineered with the latest in Wi-Fi technology, WAX204 provides performance, coverage and security to keep your small business, employees, guests, and customers connected.
- Coverage up to 1,500 sq. ft. for 40 devices
- Fast AX1800 Gigabit speed with WiFi 6 technology for uninterrupted streaming, HD video gaming, and web conferencing
- Connects to your existing cable modem and replaces your WiFi router. Compatible with any internet service provider up to 1Gbps including cable, satellite, fiber, and DSL
- Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and more with 4 x 1G Ethernet ports
- Sets up in minutes; easily manage WiFi settings, test internet speed, and monitor data usage
4. TP-Link AX5400 WiFi 6 Router (Archer AX73)- Dual Band Gigabit
This device may not support all the mandatory features as ratified in Draft 3.0 of IEEE 802.11ax specification. Further software upgrades for feature availability may be required.
Maximum wireless transmission rates are the physical rates derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications. Range and coverage specifications are based upon test results under normal usage conditions. Actual wireless transmission rate and wireless coverage are not guaranteed, and will vary as a result of
– environmental factors, including building materials, physical objects and obstacles,
– network conditions, including local interference, volume and density of traffic, product location, network complexity, and network overhead and
– client limitations, including rated performance, location, connection quality, and client condition.
- Gigabit WiFi for 8K Streaming – Up to 5400 Mbps WiFi for faster browsing, streaming, gaming and downloading, all at the same time
- Full Featured WiFi 6 Router– Equipped with 4T4R and HE160 technologies on the 5 GHz band to enable max 4.8 Gbps ultra-fast connections.Power:12 V ⎓ 2.5 A
- Connect More Devices – Supports MU-MIMO and OFDMA to reduce congestion and 4X the average throughput
- Extensive Coverage – Enjoy stable WiFi connections, even in the kitchen and bedroom. High-Power FEM, 6× Antennas, Beamforming, and 4T4R structures combine to adapt WiFi coverage to perfectly fit your home and concentrate signal strength towards your devices
- More Vents, Less Heat – Improved vented areas help unleash the full power of the router
- USB Sharing – 1× USB 3.0 port enables easy media sharing and private cloud storage
- TP-Link HomeShield – TP-Link’s premium security services keep your home network safe with cutting-edge network and IoT protection. Free features: 1. Network Security Scan 2. Basic Parental Controls 3. QoS 4. Weekly/Monthly Reports 5. IoT Device Identification, HomeShield Pro paid service ads more robust protections and features for, 5.99/Month, 1-Month Free Trial
- Works with all internet service providers, such as AT&T, Verizon, Xfinity, Spectrum, RCN, Cox, CenturyLink, Frontier, etc.( a modem is required for most internet service providers)
5. NETGEAR WiFi Router (R6230) – AC1200 Dual Band
The NETGEAR AC1200 Smart Wi-Fi Router with dual band Gigabit provides 300 Plus 900 Mbps speeds and improved Wi-Fi coverage. It has external antennas for improved Wi-Fi coverage for larger homes. Features include an 880MHz processor for reliable performance and the USB 2.0 port provides wireless access and sharing of USB hard drives.
In case of the router having trouble connecting to the network, cannot connect wirelessly, check the following: Is your computer or mobile device connected to another Wi-Fi network in your area?
Some Wi-Fi devices automatically connect to the first open network without Wi-Fi security that they discover and is your computer or mobile device trying to connect to your network with its old settings (before you changed the settings)?
If so, update the Wi-Fi network selection in your computer or mobile device to match the current settings for your network.
- Fast WIFI Performance: Get up to 1200 square feet wireless coverage with AC1200 speed (Dual band up to 300 + 900 Mbps)
- Recommended for Up to 20 Devices; Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices
- WIRED ETHERNET PORTS: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- LOADED WITH ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Designed with an 880MHz processor, 2 amplified antennas, and advanced QoS.
- USB Connections; Share a storage drive or printer with any network connected device using the 1 x 2.0 USB port
6. ASUS ROG Rapture WiFi 6 Gaming Router (GT-AX11000) – Tri-Band 10 Gigabit
Built for gaming with high speed & Gigabit ISP services, the GT-AX11000 offers that fastest Wi-Fi for current 802.11AC devices as well as next Gen 802.11ax devices. The GT-AX11000 produces Gigabit speeds while providing extensive range for devices that demand Fast & consistent gaming, uploading, and streaming all at the same time.
- Triple level game acceleration accelerate game traffic With device, game packet and game server prioritization
- Cutting edge hardware offers the best performance 1.8 GigaHertz Quad Core cpu and 2.5 G gaming port for ultimate performance
- Your own gaming mesh network Compatible with ASUS AiMesh Wi Fi system for seamless whole home coverage.Memory:256 MB Flash,1 GB RAM
- ASUS wrt enables support for open, advanced monitoring and control which includes device bandwidth utilization as well as device or usage prioritization
- ASUS AiProtection security to neutralize internet threats before they hit your network
- Nextgen ax Wi Fi is backward compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi Fi devices and Supports current Wi Fi devices. Operating Frequency:2.4 GigaHertz, 5 GigaHertz 1, 5 GigaHertz 2
7. ASUS WiFi 6 Router (RT-AX3000) – Dual Band Gigabit Wireless Internet Router
Upgrade to the next generation of networking and WiFi with the RT-AX3000 WiFi 6 router, capable of delivering speeds up to 2. 5x faster than the previous WiFi generation. Featuring the latest technology including OFDMA, MU-MIMO, and Adaptive QoS ensuring wider coverage and maximum speeds to all of your devices.
- The Next Gen WiFi Standard – Future proof your home network with the next-gen WiFi 6 technology, providing up to 2. 7x faster speed than the previous WiFi generation featuring OFDMA and MU-MIMO technology.
- Ultra-Fast Wi-Fi – RT-AX3000 supports 160MHz bandwidth and 1024-QAM, boasting a total network speed of 3000 Mbps – 575Mbps on the 2. 4GHz band, and 2402GHz on the 5GHz band.
- The Most Powerful Mesh System — AiMesh technology allows you to establish an even stronger mesh WiFi system with other ASUS AiMesh compatible routers, ensuring stable and seamless whole home coverage.
- Commercial-grade network security for family – AiProtection Pro protects all the connected devices on your home network and advanced parental controls allow you to manage the family’s internet usage.
- Mobile App Support – Control and customize every feature at your fingertips using the ASUS Router App for both iOS and Android devices.
8. ASUS ROG Rapture WiFi 6E Gaming Router (GT-AXE11000) – Tri-Band 10 Gigabit Wireless Router
ASUS ROG GT-AXE11000 is the world’s first WiFi 6E Router supporting newly opened 6GHz band. The ultra-fast WiFi 6E 802.11ax tri-band wireless gaming router boosts up to 11000 Mbps, delivering wider channels, higher capacity, with virtually no interference from the pristine 6GHz band. The router accelerates game traffic with Game First 2.5G Multi-gigabit LAN/WAN Port and WAN Aggregation for total domination.
- Next-gen WiFi standard – World’s first Wi-Fi 6E tri-band router boosts speeds up to 11000 Mbps.
- 6GHz spectrum available – Wider channels and higher capacity to deliver higher performance, lower latency, and less interference.
- 2.5G LAN/WAN Port – All traffic through 2.5G port is given the top priority, and 2.5G port unlocks the full potential of WiFi 6.
- Performance through engineering – Quad-core CPU processor, cooling system and optimized antenna design that brings its computational capability to the next level.
- Triple-level Game Acceleration – Accelerate game traffic every step of the way — from device to game server.
- If no 6G SSID is displayed, please check whether your OS and client device are fully licensed to support the newly released 6GHz band. You can check with your OS and client device provider for WiFi 6E driver release schedule.
9. Google Wifi – AC1200 – Mesh WiFi System
This Google Product features the Google Seal for Online Marketplace when purchased from a seller other than Amazon. Google Wifi is an easy-to-set-up whole-home mesh Wi-Fi system. Google Wifi points work together to create a mesh network that blankets your whole home in fast, reliable Wi-Fi and eliminates buffering in every room, on every device – with coverage up to 4500 square feet.
It’s Wi-Fi that just works.  Home size, materials, and layout can affect how Wi-Fi signal travels. Larger homes or homes with thicker walls or long, narrow layouts may need extra Wifi points for full coverage. Strength and speed of signal will depend on your internet provider.
Minimum OS requirements are available at g.co/google wifi/req.
Controlling certain devices and features in your home requires a compatible smart device.
- Google Wifi is a scalable flexible mesh Wifi system that blankets your home in reliable coverage and keeps buffering at bay; 1 Google Wifi point replaces your router and additional points expand your network to keep the connection fast in every room
- Google Wifi gives you whole home coverage; 1 Pack covers up to 1500 square feet and 3 Pack covers up to 4500 square feet; points work together to create a mesh network for more coverage
- Intelligently works behind the scenes to make sure your Wifi remains fast so you can stream with speed
- Simple setup in a few steps; use the Google Home app to create your network and get online in minutes
- Parental controls let you manage screen time, restrict certain kinds of adult content, and pause Wifi to specific devices on your mesh network whenever you want
- Easy to control home Wifi system lets you prioritize devices check your network speeds, set up a guest network, and more
- Works with all Google Wifi points and can be added to any existing Nest Wifi system; just add more points if you need more coverage
10. Linksys E8450 AX3200 WiFi 6 Router
The AX3200 WiFi 6 router delivers fast speeds to more than 25 devices on your home network. Smooth, stable and reliable signals mean everyone can stream, game, and tweet worry free. You’ll connect with confidence for school, working from home and other important online activities.
With its sleek modern design and parental controls, AX3200 is a welcome addition to any family. Browser-based setup and management mean it’s easy to get started and simple to manage your settings to build the WiFi that works for you.
Set up a guest network so you can share internet, not personal data, with friends and family. Amazon exclusive extended 18 month warranty.
- FAST, EXPANDED COVERAGE FOR 25plus DEVICES: Bring capacity to handle more than 25plus mobile, streaming, gaming, and smart home devices to your WiFi network. Coverage up to 2,500 sq. ft. and speeds up to 3.2 Gbps.
- QUICK, EASY SET UP: Browser based set up and management are a breeze. Walkthrough setup and simply enjoy your WiFi.
- PARENTAL CONTROLS: Advanced security features allow you to limit online time and black specific websites for your kid’s devices. Share internet, not personal data, with a separate guest network.
- SIMULTANEOUS DUAL-BAND STREAMING: Unclog your network with twice the bandwidth. Wireless signals transmitted on 2.5Ghz and 5Ghz simultaneously allow for the strongest connection possible. Choose your lane depending on whether you need range or performance.
- 24/7 CUSTOMER SUPPORT: Customer support is available in English 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- WIFI 6 TECHNOLOGY – WiFi 6 technology gives you faster speeds and increased ranges for more devices.
- DUAL-BAND WIFI YOU CAN COUNT ON – 3.2 Gbps and dual bands let you surf, stream, game, and chat without losing a connection.
- Amazon exclusive extended 18 month warranty
Check out our recommendations above if you’re looking for the best Wi-Fi router for your needs.
Here are a few other notebooks that can handle current PC games well, as well:
- Best Projectors Under $200 In 2022: Top 10 Picks
- The Best Laptops for Interior Design, You Can Pick Your Best
- Top 10 Best 13-inch Laptops in 2022
Last update on 2022-09-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API