There are many laptop for video editing, which can’t be reduced to one. Aspects like VFX, motion tracking, and multi-cam editing are associated with bespoke video-based requirements, whereas color grading, b-roll, video compression, cropping, Foleys, cut-ins, Jump cuts, L-cuts, and rendering of video are the more commonplace editing processes.
As a video editor, you must purchase laptops based on the complexity of the projects and your professional skills. It would not make sense to spend a lot of money on a top-of-the-line processor (i.e. Intel Core i9) and a workstation-grade GPU (i.e. NVIDIA RTX 2080) if you plan to add text overlays to a few clips.
Therefore, the type of video editing, the quality of the final project, the budget, and the major factors involved in laptop purchases.
The best laptop for video editing tasks is often a gaming laptop, since it is capable of handling multiple processes and tasks without issue. Those who are picky buyers, however, would base their choices on factors such as the content, working conditions, ability to pair external gear, and software compatibility with the operating system.
Ideally, a processor with a faster clock speed should be paired with a RAM module with a similar speed. For anything more than high-level editing, you would need a good dedicated GPU, as the processor automatically offloads several tasks to the GPU, even during minimally demanding tasks.
For better results when focusing specifically on the GPU, it is better to focus on the frame rate and clock speed. In addition, high-speed ports are sought by professionals for connecting external displays, rigs, and data repositories.
For better results when focusing specifically on the GPU, it is better to focus on the frame rate and clock speed.
Additionally, professionals who wish to connect external displays, rigs, and data repositories also demand high-speed ports. In addition to good acoustics, high-quality speakers are also needed for filmographies and relevant edits.
Video editors also prefer laptops with vivid, color-accurate displays, while when it comes to storage, they prefer SSDs. However, dual storage units would be the better option for budget-minded buyers. Nonetheless, you should also take into consideration the operating system. For instance, some software solutions are only compatible with Windows 10 or macOS.
Unless you’re willing to opt for platform-independent solutions, Final Cut Pro X should be your go-to software if you’re an Apple MacBook user. In contrast, if you’re primarily a Mac user, Adobe Premiere Pro, and Femora 9 are the go-to resources because they have somewhat restricted macOS functionality.
With video editing software like Vimeo Create dedicated to social media snippets, you can also choose your software expertise and requirements. Additionally, beginners can rely on Adobe Premiere Elements, Pinnacle Studio, and Corel Video Studio Ultimate. Da Vinci Resolve is a more reliable choice if you require the highest performance and feature sets, as well as have a powerful laptop.
Top 10 Best Laptop For Video Editing: Editor Recommended
Our selection of the best laptop for video editing is provided in the table below. We’ve picked our top pick and the most budget-friendly.
The 10 Best Laptop For Video Editing Reviews:
Experiencing a 50% boost in computing from last generation. MSI laptop equips the 10th Gen. with upmost computing power to bring you an unparalleled gaming power
- 15. 6″ FHD Anti-Glare Wide View Angle 300Hz 3ms NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super Max-Q 8G GDDR6
- Core i9-10980HK 2. 4 – 5. 3GHz Killer Wi-Fi6 AX1650 (2*2 ax)
- 1TB NVMe SSD 32GB (16G*2) DDR4 2666MHz 2 Sockets Max Memory 64GB
- USB 3 2 Gen2 Type C *1USB3 2 Gen2x2 Type C *1 USB 3 2 Gen1 *2 USB 3 2 Gen2*1 Steel Series per-Key RGB with Anti-Ghost key+ silver lining 1080p FHD Webcam
- Win 10 Multi-language Nonaudio Speaker with Passive Radiator*2 4 cell (99 9Whr) Li-Polymer 280W
Exceptional speed, power, and performance elevate the ROG Strix SCAR 15 to the top tier of Windows 10 gaming. The latest 10th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 processors and powerful GeForce® RTX™ graphics saturate the cutting-edge gaming panel that takes you to the next frontier of pro e-sports speed.
Intelligent Cooling innovations like liquid metal compound on the CPU raise the bar on peak performance.
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 with ROG Boost (Base: 1140MHz, Boost: 1380MHz, TDP: 115W)
- Latest 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10875H Processor
- 240Hz 3ms 15.6” Full HD 1920×1080 IPS-Type Display
- 16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | 1TB PCIe SSD | Windows 10 Home
- ROG Intelligent Cooling thermal system with Thermal Grizzly Liquid Metal Thermal Compound
- ROG Aura Sync System with RGB Keyboard, Logo, and Light Bar
- Gig+ Wi-Fi 6 with Range Boost & Bluetooth 5.0 | ROG Keystone II | ROG Easy Upgrade Design
- Bundle: Get 30 days of Xbox Game Pass for PC with purchase*
The incredibly thin design and unrelenting power of the Alienware m15 lets you game like never before. Featuring re engineered hyper-efficient voltage regulation, Cryo-Tech cooling v3.0 and powered by a 10th Gen Intel Core i7K processor.
- High-end materials like magnesium alloy, copper and steel provide a premium, lightweight and performance-driven gaming experience with iconic AlienFX lighting
- Our fastest panel yet offers 300Hz 300nits 3ms Full HD for smooth, high-speed motion graphics
- Alienware Cryo-Tech optimizes component cooling, which maximizes overall performance and keeps your laptop cool to the touch
- FHD display with 3ms response time, 100,000:1 contrast ratio, 60Hz refresh rate and 300-nit brightness for pulse-racing gameplay
- At just 4.65lb and under 20.5mm, the new Alienware m15 is the thinnest laptop in Alienware history—even lighter and leaner than our previous m15
MSI GL65 Leopard 10SFK-062 15. 6″ FHD 144Hz 3ms Thin Bezel Gaming Laptop Intel Core i7-10750H GeForce RTX 2070 16GB 512GB NVMe SSD Win 10.
- 15.6″ FHD IPS-Level 144Hz 72%NTSC Thin Bezel close to 100%Srgb NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8G GDDR6
- Intel Core i7-10750H 2.6-5.0GHz Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201(2 x 2 ax)
- 512GB NVMe SSD 16GB (8G*2) DDR4 2666MHz 2 Sockets Max Memory 64GB
- USB 3.1 Gen2 Type C 1 USB 3.2 Gen1 3 Steel Series per-Key RGB with Anti-Ghost key+ silver lining 720p HD Webcam
- Win10 Multi-language Giant Speakers 3W x 2 6 cell (51Wh) Li-Ion 230W
2021 Apple MacBook Pro (16-inch, Apple M1 Pro chip with 10‑core CPU and 16‑core GPU, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD) – Silver
- Apple M1 Pro or M1 Max chip for a massive leap in CPU, GPU, and machine learning performance
- Up to 10-core CPU delivers up to 2x faster performance to fly through pro workflows quicker than ever
- Up to 32-core GPU with up to 4x faster performance for graphics-intensive apps and games
- 16-core Neural Engine for up to 5x faster machine learning performance
- Longer battery life, up to 21 hours
- Up to 64GB of unified memory so everything you do is fast and fluid
- Up to 8TB of superfast SSD storage launches apps and opens files in an instant
MSI Creator 15 15.6″ UHD 4K Ultra Thin Bezel Adobe 100% Thin and Light Professional Laptop Intel Core i7-10875H RTX2060 32GB DDR4 1TB NVMe SSD TB3 Win10PRO VR Ready
- 15.6″ UHD, Anti-Glare Wide View Angle 4K Thin Bezel, Adobe 100% NVIDIA GeForce RTX2060 6G GDDR6
- Intel Core i7-10875H 2.3 – 5.1GHz Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201(2 2 ax)
- 32GB (16G 2) DDR4 2666MHz 2 Sockets; Max Memory 64GB
- INTEL/I225-V(SLN9D) Speakers 2W 2 IR 720p HD Webcam
- USB 3.2 Gen2 1; 3.2 Gen1 1; Thunderbolt 3 1; USB-C Gen1 1
The new Razer Blade 15 is an ultra-compact NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 powered laptop that features the latest 10th Gen Intel Core i7 6-core processor, to deliver amazing performance and portability. The 15. 6″ 144Hz thin bezel, Full HD display provides an immersive and insanely fast visual experience for gaming and beyond.
- More power: The 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10750H processor provides the ultimate level of performance with up to 5.0 GHz max turbo and 6 cores.
- Ray-tracing: The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 is powered by the NVIDIA Turing GPU architecture and brings cinematic-quality rendering to the most visually intense games.
- More frames: Incredible performance paired with the fast 144Hz 15. 6″ full HD thin bezel display helps edge out the win.
- Thin and compact: The CNC aluminum unibody frame houses incredible performance in the most compact footprint possible, while remaining remarkably durable and just 0.78″ thin.
- Ready to connect: Fully loaded with Wi-Fi 6, Gigabit Ethernet, Thunderbolt 3, USB type-A and type-C ports, and HDMI, for a desktop-class experience
- Make it yours: Customize the backlight color of the keyboard with Razer Chroma, and expand the memory and storage, making the Razer Blade 15 uniquely yours.
Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-53-72XD Gaming Laptop comes with these high level specs: 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10750H 6-Core Processor 2. 6GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 5. 0GHz
15. 6″ Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-backlit IPS display, 144Hz Refresh Rate, 16: 9 aspect ratio, 3ms Overdrive Response Time, 300nit Brightness, 72% NTSC, Overclockable NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 with 6GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM, 16GB DDR4 2933MHz Dual-Channel Memory
512GB PCIe NVMe SSD (2 x PCIe M. 2 Slots 1 Slot Available), 1 – Available Hard Drive Bay, DTS X: Ultra-Audio, featuring optimized Bass, Loudness, Speaker Protection with up to 6 custom content modes by smart amplifier, Acer True Harmony Technology, Two Built-in Stereo Speakers, Acer Purified.
Voice technology with two built-in microphones, Killer Double Shot Pro Wireless-AX 1650i 802. 11ax Wi-Fi 6 featuring 2×2 MU-MIMO technology (Dual-Band 2. 4GHz and 5GHz), Killer Ethernet E2600 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN, HD Webcam (1280 x 720) supporting Super High Dynamic Range (SHDR)
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10750H 6-Core Processor (Up to 5.0 GHz) with Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
- Overclockable NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 with 6 GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM
- 15.6″ Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED-backlit IPS display (144Hz Refresh Rate, 3ms Overdrive Response Time, 300nit Brightness & 72% NTSC)
- 16 GB DDR4 2933MHz Dual-Channel Memory, 512GB NVMe SSD (2 x M.2 slots; 1 slot open for easy upgrades) & 1 – Available Hard Drive Bay
- 4-Zone RGB Backlit Keyboard | Wireless: Killer Double Shot Pro Wireless-AX 1650i 802. 11ax Wi-Fi 6; LAN: Killer Ethernet E2600 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN; DTS X: Ultra-Audio; 4th Gen All-Metal Aero Blade 3D Fan
- Connectivity technology: Bluetooth
Unbridled Performance, Endless Possibilities Ultra-light, super-fast, with a gorgeous OLED display, the AERO 15 OLED is the first laptop designed specifically with digital creators in mind. Perfect for photographers, graphic designers and entrepreneurs on the go, the AERO 15 OLED offers unparalleled performance, stability, and does it all without overheating.
From the beginning, the AERO series raised the bar of what a high-performance laptop should be; ultra-light, ultra-fast, with no limitations. Cutting edge engineering enhanced the end user experience by tackling the finer details, optimizing performance through calibration.
The all new AERO evolves again from the inside out with an upgraded cooling system, refined aesthetics with an unparalleled visual experience, giving users the power to realize endless creative possibilities. With the AERO series, users can have lightning fast video or 3D rendering, or embrace smooth as butter gameplay of AAA game titles.
- Perfectly sized 15.6″ display with ultra-thin bezels and an incredible 89% screen-to-body ratio for productivity and creative tasks | This ultra-high performance powerhouse is less than 1″ thick, weighs less than 5-lbs, and housed in a compact, durable CNC aluminum alloy black chassis, perfect for creative professionals and gamers on-the-go
- Eye-catching Samsung 4K UHD AMOLED display with VESA Display HDR 400 True Black Standard for more realistic imagery, higher contrast, and true-blacks | 100% DCI-P3 wide color gamut and super fast 1-ms display response time | Individually factory-calibrated and color accuracy within Delta E<1, certified by X-Rite Pantone for true-to-life color and vibrant images
- Up to 8-hours of battery life (PCMark 10) to get you through an entire day’s work without plugging in for greater work mobility and productivity | Exclusive, built-in Microsoft Azure AI to intelligently optimize hardware profiles to match your daily usage for the most efficient power and battery usage
- Equipped with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti (6GB GDDR6) for accelerating and optimizing graphic-intensive creative apps, such as Adobe Creative Suite, Autodesk Maya, Blender, etc. | Powered by the latest 9th Gen Intel Core i7-9750H for faster photo and 4K video editing efficiency and high gaming performance
- 16GB DDR4 3200MHz dual channel memory (8GBx2) for increased multitasking productivity and 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD (2x NVMe storage slots total) for accessing files at lightning speeds, while safely storing all of your large-scale creations and projects
- Expand your creative studio with outputs of up to 3 external displays (via HDMI, Mini-DP, and 1x Thunderbolt 3 USB-C ports) and a 300MB/s UHS-II SD Card Reader | Connect up to 9 external accessories without the need for an adapter | Killer Ethernet E2600 + Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX 1650 with up to 2.4Gbps transfer speed to upload and transfer multiple, large-scale files without limitations
- Gigabyte exclusive Supra Cool 2 cooling system for 30% more cooling efficiency for smoother performance and seamless multi-tasking work flow under heavy gaming or multimedia loadings
Thin and light, the Lenovo Legion 5 pairs unparalleled flexibility with incredible power, offering a plethora of performance options for any gamer in a clean, minimalist design. Featuring AMD Ryzen 7 processors with 8 ultra-responsive cores, NVIDIA GTX 1660Ti graphics, and 16 GB DDR4 supported memory
This uncompromising gaming laptop elevates your favorite AAA titles with breathtakingly immersive experiences via a high refresh screen. The crisp 1080p display delivers outstanding clarity and deep colors, with a 144 Hz refresh rate for full-fidelity gaming.
The backlit Legion TrueStrike keyboard has soft-landing switches and hair-trigger inputs to help you dominate the competition and escalate your game play. You’ll also enjoy excellent audio with 2 x 2W Harman Kardon speaker system with chamber Dolby Atmos headphone support.
This Windows computer keeps you connected with Bluetooth 5.0 and 2×2 Wi-Fi 6 (802.11 ax) built in, plus an HD 720p webcam with privacy shutter. The Legion 5 gaming laptop also offers a great selection of input/output ports, including four USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports, one USB-C port, HDMI, Ethernet, and an audio jack.
- Welcome to the next generation of gaming performance with the AMD Ryzen 7 4800H mobile processor, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, and 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD storage
- Enjoy fast refresh and deep colors with a 144 Hz refresh rate and outstanding clarity on a 15.6″ FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS display
- The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Ti GPU is a blazing-fast supercharger for your favorite games and the newest titles
- Get maximum performance via Dual Burn Support, which pushes the CPU and GPU together for improved framerates, and Legion Coldfront 2.0 for thermal tuning
- The Legion TrueStrike keyboard with soft-landing switches delivers hair-trigger inputs
Check out our recommendations above if you’re looking for the best laptop for video editing for your needs.
Here are a few other notebooks that can handle current PC games well, as well:
- The Best Laptops For Game Development & Design: Top 10 Picks
- Ryzen 5 Laptop: Top 10 Picks
- The Best 360Hz Laptops 2022 – Top 8 Picks
Last update on 2022-06-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API