Finding the best 17 inch laptop under 1000 is no easy task. Vendors are excellent at focusing on the selling points of products while downplaying their negative aspects.
The laptop that works best for you will depend on what you plan on doing with it. That’s why it’s so crucial for shoppers to understand the parameters before buying.
What We Looked for in the Best 17-Inch Laptop Under $1,000
We scoured the internet for information on each product to bring you a list containing the best 17-inch laptop under $1,000 for you.
We based our decision on a number of important factors
Image Source: www.pexels.com
If you’re looking for the best laptop under $1,000 for gaming, excellent graphics are essential. Gamers who seek to play the newest titles on ultra graphics should opt for a laptop with tremendous amounts of dedicated video memory. These are laptops with non-integrated graphics such as NVIDIA GeForce cards. Finding such a laptop under $1,000 can be tricky, but far from impossible. Integrated graphics cards share their video memory with the laptop’s CPU or RAM. This is a cheaper but less efficient alternative and slows down the laptop when gaming.
Image Source: www.flickr.com
The best 17-inch laptop under $1,000 should have a minimum resolution of 1920 x 1080. Anything less is subpar.
Even if you’re not a gamer, videos are much more enjoyable in HD resolution. Choosing between a matte or glossy display is essential as well. While matte displays reduce glare from reflections, their colors are less vibrant than a glossy display. Based on our research, anti-glare, matte displays are far more common. Finally, if you’re looking for the best 17-inch laptop under $1,000 to feature a touchscreen, just know you’ll likely be sacrificing some performance. Touchscreens add a lot to the price of a laptop.
Image Source: www.flickr.com
While not the most critical feature, it’s always nice to have a laptop with a nice set of built-in speakers.
Additionally, many laptops come with sound enhancing software that makes even your headset and external speakers sound better. If you’re an audiophile who prioritizes audio over other aspects of computers, be on the lookout for these features.
Image Source: www.flickr.com
Your laptop’s CPU depends on its processor and handles everything the video memory doesn’t. In the case of integrated graphics cards, it even takes care of that. Therefore, the processor is probably the most important piece of hardware to consider when looking for the best 17-inch laptop under $1,000.Intel is widely known for being the most respected processor manufacturer. AMD is a popular alternative, but gamers will want to stick with Intel. Generally speaking, you want a processor with the greatest possible numbers in its name. For example, a Core i7 is superior to a Core i5, while a Core i5-7200U trumps a Core i5-6200U.Dual-core processors are a step up from regular processors. However, quad-cores are really what you need, especially as a gamer. Clock speed is a vital component of what makes a processor fast. A clock speed of 2.6 GHz is much slower than one of 3.1 GHz, for example. However, four cores clocking in at 2.6 GHz is still better than one at 3.1 GHz.
Image Source: www.flickr.com
RAM stands for “random access memory.” Basically, programs need to store temporary information when running, and your RAM is where they store it.When you run multiple programs simultaneously, it can fill up your RAM quite quickly. At such times, your PC will move much slower than it should. That’s one reason closing out of unused programs is an effective way of making your computer speed up. Ideally, the best 17-inch laptop under $1,000 would have at least 8 gigabytes of RAM. Anything less is insufficient for gaming and other intensive programs such as video editing software. More than eight is desirable but is less important than finding a laptop with a fast processor.
Image Source: www.flickr.com
RAM stands for “random access memory.” Basically, programs need to store temporary information when running, and your RAM is where they store it. When you run multiple programs simultaneously, it can fill up your RAM quite quickly. At such times, your PC will move much slower than it should. That’s one reason closing out of unused programs is an effective way of making your computer speed up. Ideally, the best 17-inch laptop under $1,000 would have at least 8 gigabytes of RAM. Anything less is insufficient for gaming and other intensive programs such as video editing software. More than eight is desirable but is less important than finding a laptop with a fast processor.
Features such as backlit keyboards, Bluetooth, and a large number of USB ports are also important.
Although they’re never deal breakers, we kept an eye out for them in our search for the best 17-inch laptop under $1,000.
Value vs. performance
Because the laptops in our list cover a $700 to $1,000 price range, we looked closely at what you get for what you’re paying.
In some cases, spending a little less to save a couple of hundred bucks may be worth it.
Last but not least, user experience can say a lot about which is the best 17-inch laptop under $1,000.
We never choose products that are rated less than 4.0 out of 5.0 stars on average.
However, we gathered ratings from multiple sources in order to represent how customers feel accurately.
Best 17-Inch Laptop Under $1,000: Top 7
What is the best 17-inch laptop under $1,000? You decide from a list of our top eight choices.
1. GE76 Raider Titanium Blue (4TB SSD|32GB RAM| Win 10 PRO)
Manufacturer Part GE7611053 OS Windows 10 Pro Upgrade CPU Core i9-11980HK CPU Speed 2.6 – 5.0GHz Chipset HM570 Color Titanium Blue Screen Size 17.3inch FHD GPU GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop GPU Up to 1740MHz Boost Clock, 155W Maximum Graphics Power with Dynamic Boost.
Video Memory 16G GDDR6 Keyboard Steel Series per-Key RGB with Anti-Ghost key Bluetooth BT 5.2 Card Reader 1x SD7.0 , mDP v1.4×1 Audio Port 1 Audio Combo (1/8inch) AC Power Adaptor 280W Battery Pack 4 cell (99.9Whr) Dimension 15.63inchx 10.57inchx 1.08inch Weight 6.39 lbs Manufacturer Does not apply to any upgrade made to this Laptop
- Processor 11TH Gen Evo Core i9-11980HK CPU Speed 2.6 – 5.0GHz Chipset HM570
- HDD Capacity 4TB NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4 x4 Interface Upgrade
- Memory 32GB (16G x 2) DDR4 3200MHz Upgrade
- GPU GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop GPU Up to 1740MHz Boost Clock, 155W Maximum Graphics Power with Dynamic Boost
- Screen Size 17.3 inch FHD (1920×1080), 360Hz 3ms, IPS-Level Resolution 1920×1080 (16:9)
- System ram type: ddr4_sdram
- Ram memory installed size: 16.0 GB
2. MSI GF75 Thin Gaming Laptop
Processor & Memory:10th Gen Intel Core i5-10300H Processor at 2.5GHz
8GB DDR4 2666MHz RAM
Drives:512GB NVMe Solid State Drive
No Optical Drive
Operating System:Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-bit)
Communications:Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 (2×2) + Bluetooth 5.1Integrated 720p HD Webcam10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet (RTL8111HS-CG) LAN
Graphics & Video:17.3″ FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS 144Hz Display
4GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650Ti Graphics
Audio:2x 2W SpeakersKeyboard:Single Backlight with Anti-Ghosting Key + Silver Lining
Ports & Slots:1x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C3x USB 3.2 Gen 11x HDMI-Out1x Mic-In/Headphone-Out Jack
Power Supply:3-Cell 51Wh Li-Polymer Battery
Additional Information:Dimensions: 15.63″ x 10.24″ x 0.9″
Approximate Weight: 4.85lbs
- 10th Gen Intel Core i5-10300H Processor
- 512GB NVMe Solid State Drive
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650Ti Graphics
- 1x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C3x USB 3.2 Gen 11x HDMI-Out1x Mic-In/Headphone-Out Jack
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home
3. MSI Crosshair17 Gaming Laptop
MSI Crosshair17 17.3″ 144Hz FHD Gaming Laptop Intel Core i7-11800H RTX3050TI 16GB 512GBNVMe SSD Win10
- 17.3″ Thin Bezel FHD, IPS-Level 144Hz, 72% NTSC
- Intel Core i7-11800H 8 Core 2.4 – 4.6GHz
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX3050 TI Laptop GPU 4G GDDR6
- 16GB (8G*2) DDR4 3200MHz; 2 Sockets; Max Memory 64GB
- 512GB NVMe SSD
4. HP Flagship Laptop 17 Computer 17.3″ HD+ Display 11th Gen Intel 4-Core i5-1135G7 (Beats i7-1065G7)
Designed for long-lasting performance this HP 17″ laptop lets you speed through tasks and stay connected all day, with an 11th Gen Intel Core i5-1135G7 processor and a Intel Iris Xe Graphics
Microprocessor: 11th Gen Intel 4-Core i5-1135G7 (Base Clock 2.4 GHz, Max Boost Clock Up to 4.2 GHz, 8MB Smart Cache, 8 Threads)
Memory: 32GB RAM
Storage: 1TB SSD
Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-bit)
Graphics & Video: 17.3″ HD+ (1600 x 900) Display Intergrated Intel Iris Xe Graphics
Optical Drive: Yes
Backlit Keyboard: Yes
Fingerprint Reader: No
SD Card Reader: Yes
Ports : 2 x SuperSpeed USB-A (5Gbps signaling rate), 1 x USB 2.0, 1 x HDMI 1.4b, 1 x Ethernet RJ45, 1 x Headphone/microphone combo, 1 x Multi-format SD media card reader
Battery: 3-Cell, 41Wh, Up to 7 hours battery life
Dimension: 16.33″ x 10.71″ x 0.96″
Weight: 5.24 lbs
- 32GB RAM | 1TB SSD
- Equipped With The Powerful and Fast 11th Gen Intel 4-Core i5-1135G7 (Beats i7-1065G7) (Base Clock 2.4 GHz, Max Boost Clock Up to 4.2 GHz, 8MB Smart Cache, 8 Threads)
- 17.3″ HD+ (1600 x 900) Display, Intergrated Intel Iris Xe Graphics
- 2 x SuperSpeed USB-A (5Gbps signaling rate), USB 2.0, HDMI 1.4b, Ethernet RJ45, DVD-RW, Headphone/microphone combo, multi-format SD media card reader
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-bit), Backlit Keyboard, WIFI5 (802.11ac 1×1) and Bluetooth 4.2, 720p HD Webcam, Up to 7 hours battery life【HDMI Cable】
5. Newest Premium HP 17 Laptop Computer 17.3 FHD IPS
This pre-owned or refurbished product has been professionally inspected and tested to work and look like new. How a product becomes part of Amazon Renewed, your destination for pre-owned, refurbished products: A customer buys a new product and returns it or trades it in for a newer or different model. That product is inspected and tested to work and look like new by Amazon-qualified suppliers. Then, the product is sold as an Amazon Renewed product on Amazon. If not satisfied with the purchase, renewed products are eligible for replacement or refund under the Amazon Renewed Guarantee.
- The Strong and Fast 10th Generation Intel Core i5 Processors, Intel Quad-Core i5-10210U(Beats i7-8650U) 1.60 GHz, up to 4.2 GHz, 6 MB cache, 8 Threads
- 17.3 inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS Anti-glare 300 nits 72% NTSC Display, Integrated Intel UHD Graphics for 10th Gen Intel Processors
- Professional Upgraded to 12GB DDR4 RAM and 1TB HDD Storage Space
- 2 x USB Type-A, USB 2.0 Type-A, HDMI, RJ-45 (LAN), Headphone-out/microphone-in combo jack, multi-format SD media card reader, DVD-Writer
6. 2022 Newest HP 17t Laptop, 17.3″ HD+ Touchscreen
PConline365 sells computers with professional upgrade and customization. The manufacturer box will be opened by our engineers for customizing and testing. Defects & blemishes are significantly reduced by our in depth inspection & testing.
PConline365 also provide more upgrade options including memory and hard drive. Please contact us for more information.
Key Features and Benefits:
CPU: 11th Generation Intel Core i5-1135G7 Processors (4 Cores, 2.4GHz to 4.2 GHz, 8 Threads, 8MB Cache)
Memory: Up to 32GB DDR4 RAM
Hard Drive: Up to 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive
Operating System: Windows 11 Home
Display: 17.3 inch diagonal HD+ Touch screen, BrightView, WLED-backlit Display
Screen Resolution: 1600 x 900
Backlit Keyboard: Yes
Ports: 2x SuperSpeed USB Type-A; SuperSpeed USB Type-C; HDMI 1.4b; Headphone/microphone combo jack
Video: Intel Iris Xe Graphics
Audio: HD Audio with stereo speakers
Optical Drive: No
Wireless Connectivity: Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX 201 (2×2) and Bluetooth 5 combo (Supporting Gigabit file transfer speeds)
Built-in HD Webcam with Microphone: Yes
Battery: 3-Cell 41 Wh Li-ion Battery, 45W AC adapter
Weight: 4.86 lb
- RAM is upgraded to 16GB high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once. Hard Drive is upgraded to 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive allows to fast bootup and data transfer. Original Seal is opened for upgrade ONLY, 1-years warranty on Upgraded RAM/SSD from PConline365, and original 1-Year Manufacture warranty on remaining components
- 11th Generation Intel Core i5-1135G7 Processors (4 Cores, 2.4GHz to 4.2 GHz, 8 Threads, 8MB Cache)
- 17.3 inch diagonal HD+ Touch screen, BrightView, WLED-backlit Display
- 2x SuperSpeed USB Type-A; SuperSpeed USB Type-C; HDMI 1.4b; Headphone/microphone combo jack, Windows 11 Home
7. 2022 Newest HP Pavilion Laptop, 17″ HD+ (1600 x 900) LED Display
Processor: Intel Celeron N4020 (1.1 GHz base frequency, up to 2.8 GHz burst frequency, 4 MB L2 cache, 2 cores)
Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics
Operating system: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Memory: 8GB DDR4 SDRAM
Hard Drive: 256GB Solid State Drive
Optical Drive: DVD-Writer
Display: 17.3″ diagonal, HD+ (1600 x 900), anti-glare, 220 nits, 60% NTSC
Connectivity: Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (1×1) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2 combo
Audio: Dual speakers
Keyboard: US English, Full Size Backlit Keyboard
Built-in HD Webcam: HP True Vision 720p HD camera with integrated digital microphone
Media Drive: Multi-format SD media card reader
- USB 2.0 Type-A
- 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A
- AC smart pin
- Headphone / Mic Combo Jack
Battery: 3-cell, 41 Wh Li-ion
Dimensions L x W x H (inches): 16.33″ x 10.72″ x 0.96″
Weight: 5.3 lbs
- RAM is upgraded to 8 GB high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once; Hard Drive is upgraded to 256 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive to allow faster bootup and data transfer. Original Seal is opened for upgrade ONLY. If the computer has modifications (listed above), then the manufacturer box is opened for it to be tested and inspected and to install the upgrades to achieve the specifications as advertised.
- Intel Celeron N4020
- 17.3″ diagonal, HD+ (1600 x 900), anti-glare, 220 nits, 60% NTSC
- Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, English
- Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (1×1) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2 combo
Best 17 Inch Laptop Under 1000
What you consider to be the best 17 inch laptop under 1000 depends mainly on your personal preferences.
If your top priority is a laptop with the best overall specs, the ASUS ROG is perfect for you.
However, if you don’t mind spending a little extra for a fast and highly portable laptop, the Premium HP Flagship Notebook is for you.
For those with needs that are less hardcore, HP and Lenovo provide cheaper alternatives. And if all you’re looking for is a nice media laptop that can switch between tablet and desktop mode, the Dell Inspiron 17 7786 fulfills that purpose.
What type of laptop works best for your needs? Which is the best 17-inch laptop under $1,000 to you? Let us know in the comments below!
Here are a few other notebooks that can handle current PC games well, as well:
- A Checklist For Buying The Best Laptops for Computer Science Students
- The Best Laptops for Photo Editing Under $1000 in This Year 2022
- Laptops For Game Development & Design: Top 10 Picks
Last update on 2022-07-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API