13-inch laptops are handy, compact devices that fit into almost any backpack and work situation. There’s nothing wrong with the conventional 15-inch notebooks or the ridiculously large 17-inch machines. However, small computers are more aesthetically pleasing and often brighter. Choosing the best one for your usage isn’t as easy as it looks, which is why we’ve written this article.
It is important to evaluate your preferences, budget, and willingness to future-proof your computing requirements before purchasing a small or rather eye-pleasing laptop. People prefer 13-inch machines for their portability (travel), sleek design, minimal heat generation, and exceptional battery life.
If you are a frequent traveler, a matte screen might just be another addition to your Wishlist (for better sunlight visibility).
As far as internal components are concerned, most 13-inch notebooks are equipped with Intel U, G1-G7, and even Y-series chipsets, which have lower TDP values. However, graphics needs are normally handled by integrated coprocessors or high-end GPUs, preferably Max-Q models (on thin machines). As for memory allocation, you can expect soldered RAM modules on these notebooks, followed by SSDs.
Laptops with smaller footprints are mostly preferred by content creators, journalists, doctors, stock traders, college students, and business users who are mostly on the move. Before making the final purchase decision, take note of the keyboard travel, acoustic output, port arrangement, and wireless connectivity standards.
As far as utility is concerned, these notebooks are the best globetrotting companions, with some even supporting detachable use. You may opt for clamshells, 2-in-1s, or even detachable laptops that can also be used as tablets if you are serious about purchasing a 13-inch notebook.
As a user, if screen real estate is one of your priorities, you can always opt for 15-inch laptops. However, if you are looking for the perfect balance between productivity, power, and portability, 13-inch laptops are your best choice.
Top 10 Best 13-inch Laptops: Editor Recommended
Our selection of the best 13-inch laptops is provided in the table below. We’ve picked our top pick and the most budget-friendly.
The 10 Best 13-inch Laptops Reviews:
1. Razer Blade Stealth 13 Ultrabook Gaming Laptop
The Razer Blade Stealth with GeForce GTX 1650 Ti Max-Q is built with breakthrough graphics performance that’s up to 2.5X the GeForce GTX 950M and up to 80% faster than the GTX 1050, enabling the Blade Stealth 13 to be the ultimate gaming Ultrabook on the go.
- Blaze through games and content creation: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti Max-Q 4GB VRAM graphics, Quad-Core 10th Gen Intel Core i7-1065G7 Processor, and 16GB dual-channel memory.
- Designed for mobility: Ultra thin, light and incredibly durable with a CNC unibody aluminum frame and long battery life.
- 120Hz full HD thin Bezel display: Super fast 120hz full HD display that enables smooth visuals in games, with 100% sRGB color space.
- Razer Chroma Keyboard and Precision Touchpad: Keyboard featuring single-zone RGB lighting with 16.8 million color options, and a precision glass touchpad.
- Complete connectivity: Includes Thunderbolt 3, USB-C, USB-A, Wireless AX, Windows Hello infrared camera, and dual-array mics.
2. Dell XPS 13 7390 2-in-1 Convertible
Dell XPS 13 7390 2-in-1 is engineered with: 10th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-1065G7 Processor (8MB Cache, up to 3.9 GHz), 13.4-inch, FHD+ (1920 X 1200), 16:10, InfinityEdge Touch Display, 32GB 3733MHz LPDDR4x, 512 GB PCIe NVMe x4 SSD Onboard, Intel® Iris Plus Graphics (i7), Platinum Silver, Black interior
- 13.4-inch, FHD+ (1920 X 1200), 16:10, Infinity Edge Touch Display
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7-1065G7 Processor (8MB Cache, up to 3.9 GHz)
- 32GB 3733MHz LPDDR4x , 512 GB PCIe NVMe x4 SSD Onboard
- Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 (2×2) + Bluetooth 5.0
3. Microsoft Surface Book 2 HNM-00001 Laptop
The silver Microsoft 13.5″ Surface Book 2 Multi-Touch 2-in-1 Notebook is a high-performance laptop/tablet hybrid with power and versatility. With a 13.5″ PixelSense display, the Surface Book features a 3000 x 2000 screen resolution (267 ppi) and a 3:2 aspect ratio. The display also offers 10-point touch support so you can take full advantage of the multi-touch gestures incorporated into Windows 10 Pro.
This version of Windows 10 Pro features Windows Creators Update, which extends your creativity and productivity with immersive virtual reality, 3D storytelling, and cross-device experiences. The system is powered by an 8th Gen Kaby Lake R 1.9 GHz Intel Core i7-8650U quad-core processor with a dedicated NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 graphics card with 2GB of GDDR5 VRAM.
It also has 16GB of RAM, a 512GB solid-state drive, an SDXC media card slot, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, a 5MP front-facing camera, an 8MP rear-facing camera with autofocus and 1080p HD video recording, and dual integrated microphones.
There are also built-in front-facing stereo speakers with Dolby audio. Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) is the installed operating system.
- 1.9GHz (Up To 4.2GHz) Intel Quad-Core i7-8650U, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 GPU (2GB GDDR5)
- 16GB of RAM | 512GB SSD, Windows 10 Pro (64-Bit)
- 13.5″ 3000 x 2000 PixelSense Display, Detachable Design
- The fastest Surface Book yet, with 2x more power. Runs Windows 10 Pro Vibrant PixelSense Display: now available with an improved 13.5″ touchscreen
- SDXC Media Card Slot USB Type-C | USB 3.0 Type-A 802.11ac Wi-Fi | Bluetooth 4.1 LE Detachable Design
4. Apple MacBook Pro – Silver
2020 Apple MacBook Pro with Intel Processor (13-inch, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD Storage) – Silver
- Tenth-generation quad-core Intel Core i5 processor
- Brilliant Retina display with True Tone technology
- Backlit Magic Keyboard
- Touch Bar and Touch ID
- Intel Iris Plus Graphics
- Ultrafast SSD
- Four Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports
5. HP ENVY 13-13.99 Inches Thin Laptop
Experience peace of mind no matter where your work takes you. Light, powerful, and with Smart, state-of-the-art security features, The HP ENVY 13 laptop is built for a secure and beautiful life on the go. Your privacy and data stays secure with a fingerprint reader, Webcam kill switch, All in a thin, sleek, eye-catching all-metal case designed with an elevated keyboard for ergonomic typing. The brilliant 4K micro edge touchscreen display is made of durable and long-lasting Corning Gorilla Glass NBT to stand up to everyday use. Power supply type: 65 W AC power adapter.
- Cutting-edge security: State-of-the-art security features include webcam kill switch and integrated fingerprint reader
- 4K display: 13.3-inch diagonal 4K IPS micro-edge WLED-backlit touchscreen with durable protective corning(r) Gorilla) Glass nbt(tm) (3840 x 2160) to stand up to everyday bumps and scrapes. 8.2 million pixels bring your content to life in mesmerizing quality with 178-degree wide-viewing angles
- Bios recovery and protection: Automatically checks the health of your PC, protects against unauthorized access, secures local storage and recovers itself from boot-up issues
- Distinctive design: high-quality, durable, all-metal case built to last, with premium design features including a brilliant backlit keyboard and geometric pattern speaker grill
- SuperFast processor: 8th Generation intel(r) core(tm) i7-8565u, quad-core, 1.8 GHz Base frequency, up to 4.6 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology (8 MB Cache)
- Memory and hard drive: 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (not upgradable), 512 GB pcie(r) nvmetm M.2 solid state drive
- Battery life: Up to 12 hours and 45 minutes (mixed usage), up to 9 hours and 45 minutes (video playback), up to 5 hours and 45 minutes (wireless streaming)
6. ASUS ZenBook 13 Ultra-Slim Laptop
Creativity. Style. Innovation. These are the qualities that define the elegant new ZenBook 13. Everything in this take-anywhere masterpiece is designed to give you the freedom to discover your creative power, including its breathtaking frameless NanoEdge display. You’ll appreciate not only the tremendous power within, but also the thoughtful attention to detail — an exclusive ErgoLift hinge and NumberPad touchpad.
Designed to give you the most screen area in the least physical space, the new frameless four-sided NanoEdge design of ZenBook 13 is simply breathtaking: it makes any visuals more immersive, with less distraction for your eyes. The ultraslim bezels are just 2. 8mm thin at the sides, 3. 3mm at the bottom and a mere 5. 9mm at the top to accommodate the camera.
And with this ultra-compact display, ZenBook 13 is only about the size of an A4 sheet of paper, weighing in at 2. 6 lbs, making it the perfect business laptop to carry around. With any ZenBook, your comfort is one of our top priorities. ZenBook 13 goes the extra mile with its exclusive ErgoLift hinge, an engineering masterpiece designed to automatically tilt the keyboard to the most comfortable typing position.
But that’s not all: the carefully calculated tilt improves cooling and audio performance, too. All of these carefully thought out design choices make this the perfect professional laptop and a great PC alternative to a MacBook!
- Powerful & fast for effortless on-the-go computing: 8th generation Intel Core i7-8565U processor, 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD & 16GB RAM
- Durable & reliable: meets the ultra-demanding MIL-STD-810G military standard for reliability and durability, undergoing a punishing testing regime
- Long battery life: powered by a high-capacity battery that won’t let you down
- Exclusive ErgoLift design: an engineering masterpiece designed to automatically tilt the keyboard to the most comfortable typing position, plus it improves cooling and audio performance
- Professional Grade: use Windows your way with Windows 10 Professional and hardware TPM security
- Ultra slim bezels: The 13. 3” Full HD NanoEdge display with a 95% screen-to-body ratio is designed to give you the most screen area in the least physical space and makes any visuals more immersive
- Exclusive ASUS Number Pad: with one tap, your touchpad becomes a numeric keypad for speedy data entry
7. Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 13-inch laptops
Make a powerful statement and fuel your ideas with new Surface Laptop 3. Sleek and light, with improved speed, performance and typing comfort, it travels with ease and makes every day more productive. Now in a choice of two sizes, two elegant keyboard finishes, and new colors to match your style.
- Clean, Elegant Design: Thin and light, starting at just 2.79 pounds, Surface Laptop 3 is easy to carry
- Choose from rich tone on tone color combinations: New Sandstone, plus Matte Black, Cobalt Blue, and Platinum
- Improved speed and performance to do what you want, with the latest processors: Surface Laptop 3 is up to 2 times faster than Surface Laptop 2
- More ways to connect, with USB C and USB A ports for connecting to displays, docking stations and more, as well as accessory charging
- All day power on the go, with up to 11.5 hours of battery life, Plus standby time when you’re away, Go from empty to a full battery with fast charging up to 80 percent in about 1 hour
- Free Upgrade to Windows 11 when available (see below).
8. Lenovo Yoga 2-in-1 13.3″ Touch-Screen Laptop
Lenovo Yoga 2-in-1 13.3″ Touch-Screen Laptop, 512GB, Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 13.3″ FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS Anti-Glare Multitouch display
- Intel Quad Core i5-8250U( 1.6 / 3.4GHz, 6MB), Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620
- 8GB DDR4 RAM, 256GB Solid State Drive, No Optical Drive
- 13.3″ FHD (1920×1080) IPS 10-point Multi-touch Display, , 720p HD webcam, Fingerprint reader
- Backlight Keyboard, 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.1, Dolby Audio Premium, 2 x JBL speakers, 1 x USB Type-C with Thunderbolt 1xUSB 3.0, 1xAudio jack
- Windows 10 Home 64-Bit, 0.6″ Thin, 2.9 lbs Weight, Battery: Lithium-polymer, Up to 8 hours Battery Life, Color: Platinum Silver
9. Google PixelBook Go 13-inch laptops
Google Pixelbook Go packaged with a Google Seal for Online Marketplace
Pixelbook Go is the Chromebook laptop designed for your life on the go. It’s barely 2 pounds and 13 mm thin with up to 12 hours of battery life. An 8th Gen Intel Core Processor and Chrome OS keep you moving fast. The Titan C security chip and built-in antivirus software help protect your data, so you can go without worry. And it works with Google Pixel, so you can get online easily on your Pixelbook Go or Pixel Slate using your Pixel’s LTE connection and do more on the go.
 Up to 12 hours of use. Battery performance is based on a mix of standby, web browsing and other use. Actual results may vary.  Battery performance is based on a mix of video, web browsing, productivity and other use. Charging time requires the battery to be at least 5% charged, the device to be inactive and use of included charger. Actual results may vary.  Weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.  Auto-updates and auto backup require an Internet connection.  Intel and Intel Core are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
- Pixelbook Go lets you stay unplugged for up to 12 hours  so you don’t need to carry a charger; when you do need a charge, get up to 2 hours of battery use in just 20 minutes so you can keep going 
- Lightweight Chromebook laptop that’s barely 2 pounds and 13 millimeter thin with a grippable design making it easier to carry
- Protects your data passwords, and information with the Titan C security chip and built-in antivirus software; Chrome OS updates automatically to give you the latest features and security 
- Starts up in seconds so it’s always ready when you are; the 8th Gen Intel Core Processor is quick and responsive powering everything you do
- Pixelbook Go is a quiet and comfortable laptop with a backlit keyboard ultra quiet keys, and and a spacious touchpad that only needs a light touch
- Get amazing picture and sound with the brilliant HD touchscreen display and dual stereo speakers so you can watch movies edit photos, or video chat with the 1080p webcam
- Please refer to the product description section below for all applicable legal disclaimers denoted by the bracketed numbers in the preceding bullet points (e.g. , , etc.)
- This Google Product features the Google Seal for Online Marketplace when purchased from a seller other than Amazon.
10. ASUS VivoBook S13 Thin and Light Laptop 13-inch laptops
ASUS VivoBook, a perennial favorite, is getting a new bolder look thatʹs sure to get pulses racing. The slim and lightweight VivoBook S13 now features diamond-cut edges and textured finishes, and is available in two distinct colors that have been chosen to reflect your personality.
The positive vibes continue when you open the lid, where you’re greeted by an Enter key with color-blocking edges. VivoBook S13 brings out the true you, both inside and out.
*The actual transfer speed of USB 3.0, 3.1, 3.2 (Gen 1 and 2), and/or Type-C will vary depending on many factors including the processing speed of the host device, file attributes and other factors related to system configuration and your operating environment.
- 13.3” Full HD NanoEdge bezel display with stunning 88% screen-to-body ratio
- Powerful Intel Core i5-1035G1 Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.6 GHz)
- 8GB LPDDR4X RAM and 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
- Metal chassis and 15mm z-height
Check out our recommendations above if you’re looking for the best 13-inch laptops for your needs.
Here are a few other notebooks that can handle current PC games well, as well:
- Top 9 Best 600 Dollar Laptop in 2022
- Hear is The Best 2000 Dollar Laptop: Top 10 Picks
- The Best 400 Dollar Laptop: Top 9 Picks
Last update on 2022-11-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API